It is clearly fitting that I had this realization while doing Jillian, because lets be honest we have had several falling outs including me throwing a fit because she pushes me hard and then it always ends with me crawling back because seriously No More Trouble Zones makes me feel ridiculously sore and fabulous all at the same time. So today, I had a new realization, I need to push myself like I feel Jill pushes me. Because I can only do what I believe I can do. Up until recently I didn't have much faith in what I could do...I didn't push myself because I couldn't do it! Well, today after Jillian royally 'ripped' me off I decided to go 'jogging' to cool down and burn some extra cals. I was planning on running a mile...once I got close to my turn around spot I had some Mama Laughlin inspiration in my head and realized nothing hurt and I wasn't really all that tired so I pushed myself farther, every mile mark I came to I just reminded myself that I really was not in pain, so I pushed on. Finally, I knew I needed to work tonight so I decided to head home. As I rounded the corner to my house I was feeling extremely accomplished. I knew I had run far. When I pulled out my phone and stopped my run I just about shit myself...8 miles. I ran 8 miles! I have never ran farther than 5 miles because I always think I can't do it. Well ladies, I did it. And I am no longer 'ripped' because I realize it was my lack of motivation and drive that has held me back. My body is an amazing thing. I may not love how it looks but dammit this body carried my fat ass 8 miles.
Moral of the story, it took me getting ridiculously pissed, jealous, and depressed to push myself to the limit. Everyone says there will be a moment when something clicks for you and your weightless. I hadn't really felt a click yet, don't get me wrong I have been working out and watching what I eat but I feel like I have just been going through the motions. Today I realized I can do WHATEVER i set my mind to. Then I saw this tank from Abundant Apparel...I may HAVE to HAVE it!
No comments:
Post a Comment