Here I am
starting attempting a fitness blog. I have found SO much motivation from other fitness bloggers and if anything I hope that putting it ALL out there will force me to not only hold myself more accountable but allow me to be even further motivated.
So here goes nothing...I have secretly been taking photos of myself and keeping track of my weigh ins through out the past six months. I still am absolutely
terrified...lets be honest...embarrassed to admit how far down into the spirally pit of fat girl hell I actually fell into. I remember waking up and getting dressed only to find my favorite pair of jeans had SHRUNK. Yes, I cursed out my boyfriend (now husband) for shrinking all of my clothes, and he never once argued with me about it. He never once told me that my clothes were fine and it was my fat ass that just didn't fit into them anymore. At this time in my life I was a struggling college student living on red bull, pizza rolls and frozen burritos. I did not own a scale. I did not even care to think about my weight. I was young and in shape and it never crossed my mind that late night studying and a box of strawberry shortcake rolls were slowly turning my body into something I wouldn't even recognize. It took about 18 months for me to realize the monster that had become my body. Because of things like yoga pants and sweatshirts I didn't 'notice' that I was bigger. In this 18 month period I gained around 35 pounds.How did I go on without noticing this? Well apparently my head was in my ass!
I finally realized one day when my best friend posted a picture of us on Facebook from a football game and I swear I didn't even recognize myself. I COULD NOT understand how I had gotten so big. This realization did not turn my life around. Nor did 15 other realizations I had. They just influenced my yo-yo dieting. Yo-yo dieting fueled disappointment, which lead to depression, which lead to food and so the cycle continued.
Here I am today
slowly losing weight the right way (finally!) I work out to burn calories, tone my body and build muscle. I also eat as natural as possible cutting out almost all processed foods, sugars and gluten. In the last 7 months I have lost 17 pounds. And although the scale sometimes goes up by 1 or 2 pounds I have never reverted back to my fat girl ways. Now don't get me wrong, I indulge in a cheeseburger or pizza every now and then, but the way I feel about myself now is worth so much more than blowing it all on a greasy treat.
Weekly photo for the last week of March...

(Don't you worry you sweet little self...I
will might share some photos from when I was at my heaviest...its crazy what a difference 17 pounds can do.
No comments:
Post a Comment